- Dietary education (individualized) by accredited practicing dietitian
- Focus on replacing high sodium foods with low sodium alternatives (keeping energy intake stable).
- Initial education in run-in with written materials provided
- Ongoing education during follow up visits and weekly phone calls.
- Partial food provision
- Low sodium frozen pre-prepared meals (maximum 1 per day)
- Snack foods, breakfast cereal, cheese and bread
- Ongoing dietary education
- Monthly via phone calls
- No food provided in this phase