BMC Nephrology is recruiting Associate Editors to join our experienced Editorial Board.
We welcome applications from researchers with expertise in all of our journal sections.
BMC Nephrology is an open access journal publishing original peer-reviewed research articles in all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of kidney and associated disorders, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
The journal and our editors do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles, this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
Who are you looking for?
We are interested in candidates who:
- are committed to open access publishing, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
- will adhere to our strong values of improving transparency, integrity and reproducibility of animal and veterinary research
- have a minimum of 15 publications in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals.
- are frequently listed as a corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years.
Suitable Associate Editors for BMC Nephrology must also:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to representing BMC Nephrology within the scientific community.
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfill the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
What does being an Associate Editor involve?
The Associate Editor is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the journal’s editorial policies.
An Associate Editor for BMC Nephrology should be willing to handle a minimum of 10 manuscripts per year through peer review across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
We also encourage all of our Editorial Board Members to take an active interest in journal development and promotional projects to help increase the visibility of our published research.
Our Associate Editors will be provided with access to training materials, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Associate Editor will report to the Editor of the journal.
Interested in applying?
If you are interested in becoming a BMC Nephrology Associate Editor, and you meet the above criteria, please complete the application form below, or email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!